Half of your friends are married and then the other half are in a serious relationship and you’re sitting there trying to figure out if you even like the new guy. During this time in your life, dating can be awkward and fun all at the same time. I mean does anyone really know what they’re doing?
I’ll be the first to admit, going on a date with someone new is very nerve racking… What if I don’t like him? What if I don’t know what to say? What if I start rambling about something stupid because I’m just so nervous? So many ‘what ifs,’ but honestly dating is not that bad. You either want to see him again or you don’t. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Always keep a mental note of what you want out of a relationship, a future, and a marriage then look for these things in the men you date. Notice the red flags early on to save you from the heart break later.
- Don’t believe everything he tells you. Keep your guard up until he gives you a reason to take it down.
- Be honest. Period.
- Trust your gut. Sometimes you cannot explain why you are or aren’t feeling a certain way. There is nothing more powerful than a woman’s intuition.
- Take the time to get to know that person and be genuinely interested.
- Be direct. There are so many people in this world that are flaky and are not sure about what they want. Don’t be one of those people. Say what you mean and mean what you say. It’ll be appreciated in the long run.
- Don’t compare him/her to people you’ve dated in the past. Get to know who they are as an individual, they deserve to be treated with respect.
- One of most important pieces of advice I will give is-- do not waste their time. We are all adults with busy lives, the last thing you want is someone dragging you along with no end goal in sight. Am I right? Be straight-forward in the beginning and they will be glad you didn’t lead them on.
Regardless of your situation it's important to remember to stay true to who YOU are as a person. Appreciate your single time while you can, because sooner or later that right person will come along and you’ll wonder how you ever did life without them.
Be Sassy. Be Sweet. Be You
Classy, sassy, but oh so sweet!